Caffé e biscotti
Italians love gluten-free biscotti with their espresso or anytime. Try these delicious
gluten-free biscotti or "biscotti senza glutine" to go with your espresso at home:
Anise biscotti Chocolate biscotti
1 1/2 cups brown rice flour 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch 1/2 cup potato starch
1/4 cup tapioca flour 1/4 cup tapioca flour
1 cup sugar 1 1/4 cups sugar
1 tsp. baking powder 1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. xantham gum 1 tsp. xantham gum
1/8 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. salt
3 eggs 3 eggs
2 tsp orange juice 1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp anise extract 1 1/2 tsp. espresso powder
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1/4 cup pine nuts 2 1/4 tsp. cocoa powder
1 tbsp. butter
1. Mix ingredients and roll dough into a log.
2. Bake at 370 degrees for 20 min. Allow to cool for 5 min.
3. Cut log into half inch slices at a diagonal angle and lay cut side down.
4. Reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake for another 20 min. or until they achieve
desired browness and are dry in the center.
Gluten-Free Italian Cheesecake
(Brought to you by The Gluten-Free Guide to Italy)
1 1/2 pounds ricotta 1 cup sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream 4 eggs
1 tsp. lemon extract 6 tbsp. gluten-free flour
1 tsp. lemon or orange peel 1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup candied fruit (optional)
1. Combine cheese, sugar, cinnamon, and flour.
2. In a separate bowl mix together eggs, lemon extract, and lemon peel.
3. Slowly add egg mixture to cheese mixture. Add candied fruit if desired.
4. Grease a 9 inch springform pan and pour mixture into it.
5. Bake at 350° (approximately 40 minutes) until a tester inserted into cake comes
6. Turn oven off and open the door slightly. Let the cheesecake remain in the
oven for one hour.
7. Take cheesecake out and allow to cool. Then refrigerate before serving.
|GLUTEN-FREE ITALIAN RECIPES
brought to you by The Gluten-Free Guide to Italy